Holiday Wish (a Quick Personal Update)

Happy Holidays to all the readers of OBV!

I am sorry I’ve been posting less frequently and slow to respond.  As I said in my previous post, all of December we’ve been dealing with sick family — all four of us got sick at once, and some of us are still dragging our feet in recovering.  I didn’t plan to take it this slow in December, but the truth is that I really have little energy for creative work and I hadn’t built up a stash of rainy-day posts to put up.

One way or another, December seems to find a way to force me to slow down every year, and it appears this year is no exception.

As always, I’m so grateful that common colds are the extent of what we deal with.  My heart goes out to all families struggling with major illnesses, particularly those involving little children.

I wish you all a wonderful Holiday season!

This entry was posted in Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Holiday Wish (a Quick Personal Update)

1. Ari,

I remember one Christmas everyone came down with the flu, the day AFTER all the baking had been done. We had to throw it all out!

My best wishes to you and your family for a speedy recovery and a return to writing. We miss you! G.

Grace Kleppin´s last blog post..The best advice I gave myself in 2008

Hi Grace,

Well, we still managed to have a good time, with coughs and runny noses and all. I didn’t have time to blog, but otherwise, it wasn’t that bad.

Happy 2009 to you!

2. Viola Jaynes says:

I wish you a wonderful and very fulfilling New Year! Best wishes to you! ~Viola

Viola Jaynes´s last blog post..New Years Wishes For You

3. You haven’t been on in a while. I wanted to say Happy New Year to you and your family.

Cricket/Tammy´s last blog post..Stand by me and I will stand by you…Happy New Year!

4. Lea says:

Some of my family members seem to always get sick at the same time each year too. One always got sick around her birthday. I hope you and your family are back in the best of health soon.

I also want to let you know that there is another award waiting for you. The details are on my site. Congratulations and a happy, healthy new year.

Lea´s last blog post..Meditation Techniques

Hi Lea,

Thanks! We’re still under the weather, but it’s not a big deal — we still managed to have a good time. Happy 2009 to you! And thanks for the recognition!

5. Melinda says:

Ari,

I am so sorry to hear there has been illness in your family. We have been bogged down with the flu this December ourselves–worsened by a busy travel schedule.

I wanted to wish you peace and happiness in the New Year, Ari–may 2009 be filled with light for you and your family.

Take care, friend–

Melinda

Melinda´s last blog post..That Last Holiday

6. What a nice thought to send out. I’m a big believer that even our thoughts can change our Karma. Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

Karl Staib – Work Happy Now´s last blog post..Day 23 of 30 – Change Spurs Complaining

7. I hope you are feeling better. Merry Christmas.

Cricket/Tammy´s last blog post..Change

I hope you have a peaceful and sickness free holiday!

Merry Christmas!

Jennifer´s last blog post..He sees you when you’re sleeping

9. Don’t worry about apoligising, just post 🙂

Jarrod – Warrior Development´s last blog post..Progressing Everyday: Do Something

10. Laurie says:

Ari,
    I hope you are all mended soon. We were all sick last year on Thanksgiving. My hub, and I were in bed all day on Thanksgiving, my son was sick on the couch and at one point I saw BOTH dogs throw up in the back yard. We were pitiful. I hope you all feel better soon. Maybe get a few guest posters on the sidelines. Someone you can email and say HELP! That way you won’t feel the stress to be on the blog when you need to be resting.

Merry Christmas Ari!

Merry Christmas to your family too!

Hi Laurie,

That sounds brutal. It was not an easy month, but ours wasn’t that bad…. We all managed to have a good time.

Thanks again for your well wishes! Happy 2009!

11. Scott says:

Merry Christmas Ari!

Scott´s last blog post..Another Moment of Reflection

12. Lance says:

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Ari! May it be filled with everything you hope for…

And, may everyone feel better and truly enjoy the beauty of the season.

Lance´s last blog post..Sunday Thought For The Day